Information is the life blood of modern organisations.
The cost of not managing your information is high!
Increasing client service expectations, a more competitive environment, tightening budgets, mounting storage management costs, and a significant rise in risk and compliance requirements means that information needs to be managed as a vital corporate asset.
This requires a strategic transformation: from disparate siloed 'islands of information' to ensuring a cohesive, coherent well governed and managed ‘trusted source’. Finding information efficiently and trusting its authority is integral in this connected world, both inside and outside your organisation. Your staff need it, and your clients demand it!
Drawing on our years of practical experience from designing and implementing Information Management and Governance (IMG) strategies and solutions, iCognition provides best practice vendor-independent consulting and advice.
Information Management AND GOVERNANCE Specialists
iCognition staff are practitioners in the field of IMG. We apply best practice every day. We have established IMG strategies for government and private organisations that draw on our practical experience in designing and implementing information management solutions, such as Electronic Document and Records Management Systems (EDRMS) and Collaborative Workspaces. We know what works because we have many lessons learned from the multitude of information management projects we have conducted.
We Deliver Results
We have the methodology and framework to deliver outcomes in:
- Information Assessment: What information exists in your organisation? How is it valued? What is vital?
- Business Process Analysis and Information Architecture: What are your key business processes? How does the right information get to the right people at the right time? What information architecture will be required to ensure this efficiently, securely and reliably?
- Strategic Planning: Where does your organisation plan to be? What information and information flows are vital in this transformation? What strategies and systems can ensure increased business efficiency and effectiveness from your information?
- Business Case Development: What are your business imperatives and the cost/benefit analysis? How does this compare to market experiences?
- Solution Design: What technologies can assist in achieving your outcomes? What is the technical impact of implementation? What is best for users?
- Implementation Strategy: How will your solution be implemented? What steps are needed? What resources?
- Key Stakeholders/Executive buy-in: How will you engage the right people to win 'hearts and minds'?
Some organisations we have helped achieve outcomes for:
- NSW Department of Education and Communities: gained funding for an EDRMS implementation for 10,000 staff via a comprehensive business case and scoping study.
- Department of Human Services: helped in a multiple organisation merger through an IMG policy review and user-oriented IMG strategy development.
- Australian Skills Quality Authority: helped ensure a complete IMG strategy was enacted during a major business transformation.
- Catholic Education Office: modernised IM practices by establishing a collaborative portal, integrated line of business system and best practice policies and procedures.
- Department of Infrastructure and Transport: provided an IMG framework by undertaking an information asset census and developing an EDRMS Capability Roadmap.
- Australian Curriculum Assessment and Reporting Authority: defined an IM Strategy for this newly formed organisation that established the foundation for good IM.
- Australian Fisheries Management Authority: developed cost-benefit analysis and a scoping study for an IM solution.